Base Camp Kayaking, 2021
British Columbia offers a sea kayaking experience like none other – stunning vistas, lush temperate rain forests, long sandy beaches, incredible wildlife sightings, and vast wilderness areas. Simply put, British Columbia is one of the premiere destinations for sea kayaking in the world. Everything comes together here; an extensive maze of islands, rich First Nations culture, extraordinary wildlife encounters with orcas, humpback whales, bears, eagles and much, much more.
During a four day and three night stay at the base camp you explore the variety of kayaking routes the area has to offer. Killer whales and humpback whales regularly pass by the camp, often while you are enjoying the morning’s first cup of French-pressed organic coffee or a dinner of locally caught salmon around the campfire. The nearby waters are home to harbour seals, porpoises, Minke whales, and rich intertidal life. A number of bald eagle nests and a Steller sea lion haul out are all within easily paddling distance of camp and it is not uncommon to see humpback whales lunging through schools of small fish as they fatten up for their migration south.
Small group sizes are allowing close personal attention and minimal impact on the environment and the wildlife. Base camp tours have a maximum of ten guests and three guides.
1. Kayak with Whales, 4 Days | $1550 CAD per person
2. Family kayak with Whales, 4 Days | $1350 CAD per person
3. Whales and grizzly bears, 4 Days | $1850 CAD per person
Deposit, Payment and Cancellation Policy:
- All prices are quoted and charged in Canadian dollars
- $250 CAD per person deposit is required to permanently reserve your spots
- Deposits are fully refundable up to 72 hours after your booking. After 72 hours the deposit is non-refundable.
- Full payment is due 45 days before the tour’s departure date
- If you must cancel your tour with 45 or more days - full refund
- If you must cancel your tour within 45-31 days - 50% refund
- Within 30 days of your tour’s departure date - non-refundable