Birds, Bears and Belugas, 8 Days
Birds, Bears & Belugas safari takes place during the beautiful Arctic summer when the bears are pristinely white after coming off the ice, the belugas are plentiful, and the weather is balmy.
During this Canadian Signature Experience, you’ll spend five nights at Seal River Heritage Lodge enjoying tundra treks and marine tours. It’s a great trip for families and one of our most beloved safaris!
2023 COST PER PERSON, CAD:
|Seal River Heritage Lodge||Twin||Single||Child|
- Daily, guided hikes across the tundra to view polar bears and other Arctic wildlife, up-close-and-personal, in their natural habitat.
- Indulging your taste buds with our tundra-inspired cuisine, complemented by select Canadian wines.
- Sky gazing! Our location beneath the auroral oval offers nearly 300 nights of aurora viewing each year. If conditions permit, you will be able to enjoy the greatest light show on earth from within the lodge or out in our secure compound. There is a low to moderate chance of seeing the lights on this safari.
- Educational evening presentations by our lodge managers or naturalist guides about our Arctic ecosystems, landscape and lifestyle.
- Travelling further afield on one of our half or full-day ATV tours. Our low-impact tundra vehicles give you access to areas up and down the coast.
- Zodiac tours to view beluga whales near the mouth of the Seal River estuary where they congregate by the thousands in the summer months.
- All accommodations, transfers required within the package dates and airfare between Winnipeg and Lodge
- Day 1: Dinner
- Day 2 to 7: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Taxes and gratuities
SEAL RIVER HERITAGE LODGE:
Perched on the rugged coast of Hudson Bay lies Seal River Heritage Lodge. Located near the Seal River Estuary, this Lodge is in a prime location for observing polar bears as they wander the coast during summer and fall waiting for the Bay to freeze and viewing beluga whales in July and August.
The fenced-in compound, viewing platforms and tower lend themselves to unique photography opportunities for northern lights and the wildlife that approach to check out the sights, sounds and smells of the Lodge.
Accommodations are eight, double guest rooms each with an en-suite bathroom. The guest wing is away from the lounge and dining room allowing you to enjoy quiet time as needed.
Our cozy lounge, complete with fireplace, is the perfect place to relax with a glass of wine, sharing photos or talking with new friends.
Location: A 60 km and 30 minute flight from Churchill.
Access: By Air only. Wheel plane or helicopter.