Colorado River Full Day Kayak Tour from Las Vegas
7 hours (Approx.)
Explore the Colorado River by kayak on a full-day tour from Las Vegas. Hop in your kayaks at the Hoover Dam and travel 12 miles (19km) down the river, stopping at hot springs, Emerald Cave, and beaches where you can swim or sunbathe. Your guide keeps an eye out for bald eagles, falcons, big horn sheep, and other wildlife. Choose from three morning launch times on a tour that includes use of equipment, picnic lunch, snacks, guide, and round-trip transport from hotels on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Full-day Colorado River kayak tour starting at Hoover Dam, from Las Vegas
- Kayak from Hoover Dam down the Colorado River
- Soak in hot springs and check out Emerald Cave during stops along the river
- Swim or sunbathe at beaches on the river
- Hear about the region's ecology and native animals like bald eagles, big horn sheep, and falcons
- Includes use of kayak equipment, picnic lunch, snacks, guide, and hotel pickup and drop-off from the Las Vegas Strip
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if minimum number of 4 guests requesting shuttle pick up is met)
- Bottled water
- All necessary equipment
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees (this tour requires permits through local authority, specifically through the Bureau of Reclamation)
Departure & Return:
- Departure Point: Las Vegas. Traveler pickup is offered (Strip)
- Departure Time: 7:00AM
- Returns to original departure point
What To Expect:
- Pass by: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
- Your guided Colorado River kayak experience begins at the Hoover Dam Lodge in Boulder City Nevada between 6:30am and 8:30am depending on available launch times (a courtesy shuttle from your Las Vegas hotel is available on request).
Once you meet your guide and check in you will be o over a safety briefing. Then take a short ride down the lower portal road with amazing views of the Hoover Dam. You will launch your kayaks into the crystal clear Colorado River heading south with stops such as Hot Springs to soak, many caves to take breaks in the shade and beaches to swim or rest.
Stop at: Colorado River, Nevada
- Once you meet your guide and check in you will be o over a safety briefing. Then take a short ride down the lower portal road with amazing views of the Hoover Dam. You will launch your kayaks into the crystal clear Colorado River heading south with stops such as Hot Springs to soak, many caves to take breaks in the shade and beaches to swim or rest.
- This is approximately 7 hours and 12 miles on a slow flowing River and lunch,snacks and cold bottled water is included. You will finish at Willow Beach Marina where they have a great gift shop and clean restrooms.
- Snacks, cold bottled water, and a fresh plentiful lunch will be provided.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 8
- Outdoor casual attire recommended
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
CANCELLATION POLICY: 100% cancellation penalties