Hidden Craters Hike
5 hours (Approx.)
Discover Hawaii's Big Island which is famous for volcanoes—on an off-road craters Tour. Hop aboard a 4 Wheel Drive van for a breathtaking ride up the side of the Hualalai volcano. You'll pass giant craters and among both rainforest and lunar landscapes climbing 6,000 feet to explore an incredible lava tube on foot. Afterward, spend some time at a local brewery where you'll have an opportunity to sample the local brews.
- Hualalai Holoholo 4x4 adventure tour on the Big Island
- Breathtaking panoramic views of the Hawaiian landscape
- Explore the volcano on foot
- Off-road travel up the side of Hualalai
- Learn about the Big Island's distinct geology and rock formations
- Interpretative Naturalist Guide
- Filtered water, Sodas, & Juices
- Walking sticks, daypacks and rain gear
- Local taxes
- Access Fees
NOT INCLUDED: Gratuities
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Traveler pickup is offered
- Departure Point: Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters
- Departure Time: 7:30 AM
- Returns to original departure point
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Stop At: Hawaii Forest and Trail. Duration: 15 minutes.
Travelers can shop in our retail space at our Kona headquarters as well use our bathroom facilities and enjoy complimentary coffee and water.
- Stop At: Hualalai. Duration: 3 hours.
Venture onto private land behind 3 locked gates to explore the upper slopes of Kona’s very own volcano – Hualalai. This journey provides intimate, unique access to volcanic sites.
- Stop At: Kona Coast State Park. Duration: 2 hours.
Enjoy heavenly views of Kona's coast from atop Hualalai.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for child aged 7 and under
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers