Hudson Bay Odyssey, 7 Days
The timing and location of our Hudson Bay Odyssey, where the boreal forest meets the sea, offer opportunities for viewing both marine wildlife (polar bears!) and woodland wildlife such as black bears, wolves and moose.
During your four nights at Nanuk, enjoy daily treks and ATV tours through the Cape Tatnam Wildlife Management Area. These excursions will offer once-in-a-lifetime photo opportunities, made even more brilliant when the fall colours are on display.
2023 COST PER PERSON, CAD:
|Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge||Twin||Single||Child|
- Daily, guided hikes across the tundra to view polar bears and other Arctic wildlife, up-close-and-personal, in their natural habitat.
- Indulging your taste buds with our tundra-inspired cuisine, complemented by select Canadian wines.
- Sky gazing! Our location beneath the auroral oval offers nearly 300 nights of aurora viewing each year. If conditions permit, you will be able to enjoy the greatest light show on earth from within the lodge or out in our secure compound. There is a moderate chance of seeing the lights on this safari.
- Educational evening presentations by our lodge managers or naturalist guides about our Arctic ecosystems, landscape and lifestyle.
- Travelling further afield on one of our half or full-day ATV tours. Our low-impact tundra vehicles give you access to areas up and down the coast.
- Roundtrip airfare between Winnipeg and Churchill, Manitoba
- Roundtrip airfare between Churchill and Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge
- Two nights’ accommodations in Winnipeg
- Four nights’ lodge accommodations
- All meals, excursions, and guide services while in Churchill and at the Lodges
- Rain gear
- Taxes and gratuities
LOCATION - NANUK POLAR BEAR LODGE:
Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge is a NEW destination offered by Churchill Wild and we are particularly proud of this Lodge due to the phenomenal wildlife access it provides. We are continually improving this Lodge based on feedback from our guests, and most recently added a new lounge and dining area with panoramic views of Hudson Bay. Of course, we also included a cozy fireplace for added ambiance! We have been overwhelmed by the abundance of polar bears and other wildlife in the area of Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge, and sightings have consistently exceeded our expectations since we acquired this location. Each of our heated guest cabins is rustic, wild and perfectly comfortable, with ensuite bathrooms in each private room.
Location: 250 km southeast of Churchill, Manitoba on the Hudson Bay coast near York Factory.
Access: By Air only. Wheel plane or helicopter.