Kauai Movie Adventure
6 to 7 hours (Approx.)
Immerse yourself in the cinematic history of Kauai during this full-day movie-focused tour. This multi-stop tour is made easy with round-trip transportation, so you can focus on the Hawaiian scenery and spotting the backdrops for some of your favorite movies. Listen to commentary on many of the movies that have been made here, including little-known facts and figures, from your guide.
- All transportation provided
- Learn about movies filmed in town through guided commentary
- Lunch at Tahiti Nui or Calypso in Hanalei town
- A must for movie buffs
- Round-trip hotel transportation is included from most Kauai locations
- Tour departs around 7:00 am and returns at approximately 2:45 pm
- Tour includes lunch at Tahiti Nui or Calypso in Hanalei town
- Hanalei Pier
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Departure Point:
- Alii Kai Resort 3830 Edward Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
- Hale Moi 5301 Ka Haku Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
- Mauna Kai 3920 Wyllie Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
- Puamana Condos 3880 Wyllie Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
- Puupoa Resort 5454 Ka Haku Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
- Sealodge 3700 Kamehameha Rd, Princeville, HI 96722
- Kauai International Hostel 4532 Lehua St, Kapa?a, HI 96746
- Lani Kai 390 Papaloa Rd, Kapa?a, HI 96746
- Kauai Island Airport, 3901 Mokulele Loop, Lihue, Kauai, HI 96766
- Departure Time: 7:00 AM
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Ahukini State Recreational Pier. Duration: 10 minutes.
Pagan Love Song, Donavan's Reef.
- Lydgate State Park. Duration: 10 minutes.
- Opaekaa Falls. Duration: 10 minutes.
Wackiest Ship in the Army, Blue Hawaii.
- Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge. Duration: 10 minutes.
Kilauea Lighthouse Overlook - featured in the Lilo and Stitch movie.
- Pass By: Kalalea Mountain - King Kong's Profile.
Drive through Kapa'a Town where Tropic Thunder and Jurassic Park was filmed. Kealia Overlook to see King Kong's profile. Kalalea Mountain in Anahola where Raiders of the Lost Ark was filmed.
- Tahiti Nui. Duration: 45 minutes.
Lunch is included and Tahiti Nui, where a scene in the movie The Descendants was filmed.
- Hanalei Bay. Duration: 10 minutes.
Beautiful Hanalei, Kauai where many movies were filmed: The Descendants, Blue Hawaii, South Pacific, Beachhead. Note: The Hanalei Pier is currently closed to commercial vehicles due to repairs to the road and pier from bad storm conditions in 2018.
- Hanalei Valley Lookout. Duration: 5 minutes.
Additional Info: This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund