Klahoose Wilderness Resort Eco-Tour
- ARRIVAL DAY – POWELL RIVER/ LUND TO KLAHOOSE WILDERNESS RESORT
Arriving at Powell River airport, you are met by a representative from Klahoose Wilderness Resort for a shuttle transfer from airport to Lund and a boat transfer from Lund to the resort. Alternatively, you can drive to Lund on your own to board the boat for a transfer to the resort. Paid parking is available across the street from The Lund Resort at Klah Ah Men. Upon arrival, meet your hosts and have an opportunity to review your activities for the next several days. Afterwards, take some time to get settled and explore the amenities and comforts of the resort before dinner. Dinner included.
Overnight at Klahoose Wilderness Resort.
- DURING YOUR STAY – KLAHOOSE WILDERNESS RESORT
Over the next several days, prepare yourself for an experience unlike any other. Embark on several adventures and transformational experiences that may include watching grizzly bears fish for salmon, kayaking beside a pod of porpoises and forest hikes into an ancient western red cedar grove. Inlets of the Desolation Sound are famous for one of the most robust populations of grizzlies in the world. From August to October Klahoose First Nation will take guests on a fascinating bear watching experience in Toba Inlet located just 30 minutes by boat from the Klahoose Wilderness Resort. Grizzly Bear viewing is from fixed viewing platforms set along the remote Klite River in Toba Inlet. From May to August, Indigenous guides lead guests on nature and cultural excursions in one of the largest temperate rainforests on earth and to nearby Cortes Island where the Klahoose community resides. Sea kayakers, stand-up paddle boarders and intrepid swimmers can take advantage of the glassy waters of the Homfray Channel. Traditional canoe and fishing excursions can also be arranged upon request. Helicopter sightseeing tours over glacial and wildflower fields are also available (at additional cost, payable onsite). During these days, delicious meals are served at the resort, masterfully fusing local ingredients with exquisite preparation. The amenities of the resort are also available to all guests, allowing you to create a quiet escape of your own.
All meals included. Overnights at Klahoose Wilderness Resort.
- DEPARTURE DAY – KLAHOOSE WILDERNESS RESORT TO POWELL RIVER/ LUND
After breakfast, enjoy a final morning at the resort before being transferred by boat to Lund for an independent departure by your car or a pre-booked transfer to Powell River airport.
- Accommodation for 3 or 4 nights in a private room or private cabin (subject to availability)
- Return transfers between Powell River Airport or Lund and Klahoose Wilderness Resort (including a boat transfer between Lund and the Resort). Airport transfers are included for specific arrival/departure times only. The boat transfer from Lund is only offered once per day, departing at 15:00.
- Tour Klahoose Cultural and Wildlife Tour (May-August) / 2 Grizzly Bear Viewing Tours (August-October)
- Activities such as storytelling, basket weaving, yoga, guided ocean kayaking, forest walks
- All meals including wine & beer
- Use of resort great room, Wi-Fi (free), satellite phone, large deck, dock area, campfire, kayaks, paddle boards and walking trails
- Provincial Taxes and Federal GST
NOT INCLUDED: Flights to and from Powell River
Pacific Coastal Airlines offers daily service between Vancouver Airport (South Terminal) and Powell River Airport.
- Vancouver – Powell River: $248
- Powell River – Vancouver: $240