Knight Inlet Lodge Eco-Tour
Grizzly bear and wildlife watching packages ranging from two to six nights. All of these packages begin with your arrival in Campbell River, Vancouver Island and include a one night stay there.
2022 DEPARTURE DATES (daily):
- 2-night package: May 21 - October 14
- 3-night package: May 21 - October 13
- 4-night package: May 21 - October 12
- 5-night package: May 21 - October 11
- 6-night package: May 21 - October 10
|2022 COST PER PERSON, CAD||Twin||Single||Triple||Quad||Child|
|2-night package (1 night Campbell River, 1 night Knight Inlet Lodge)|
|May 21 - Aug 30||1.788||2.595||1.681||1.536||1.187|
|Aug 31 - Oct 14||1.993||2.890||1.825||1.658||1.030|
|3-night package (1 night Campbell River, 2 night Knight Inlet Lodge)|
|May 21 - Aug 30||3.065||4.465||2.807||2.541||1.924|
|Aug 31 - Oct 13||3.347||4.907||2.807||2.541||1.924|
|4-night package (1 night Campbell River, 3 night Knight Inlet Lodge)|
|May 21 - Aug 30||4.328||6.344||3.948||3.529||2.662|
|Aug 31 - Oct 12||4.723||6.922||4.290||3.864||2.830|
|5-night package (1 night Campbell River, 4 night Knight Inlet Lodge)|
|May 21 - Aug 30||5.606||8.215||5.081||4.533||3.385|
|Aug 31 - Oct 11||6.085||8.938||5.522||4.967||3.385|
|6-night package (1 night Campbell River, 5 night Knight Inlet Lodge)|
|May 21 - Aug 30||6.876||10.094||6.215||5.538||4.116|
|Aug 31 - Oct 10||7.446||10.978||6.762||6.070||4.388|
|Pre / Post Accommodation | COMFORT INN AND SUITES, CAMPBELL RIVER - DELUXE BB|
|May 1 - Jun 15 & Sep 29 - Nov 9||125||250||89||72||Free|
|Jun 16 - Sep 28||157||315||110||87||Free|
- ARRIVAL DAY – CAMPBELL RIVER
Arrive independently in Campbell River. The day is at your leisure. Accommodation for the first night of your Knight Inlet Lodge package will be at Comfort Inn & Suites in Campbell River. Passengers must reconfirm the floatplane departure time upon check-in. Rooms are availble for check in beginning at 15:00.
- DURING YOUR STAY – CAMPBELL RIVER TO KNIGHT INLET
After an 08:15 transfer from your hotel to the floatplane base*, you will depart at 09:30 on a 25 min flight to Knight Inlet Lodge. Once settled in at the lodge, and following a brief orientation, you will embark on a small boat excursion in the estuary. Two 2-hour tours follow in the afternoon; one of these tours is a bearviewing tour (by boat in the spring and summer and on a viewing platform from late August to October), and the other will be a Knight Inlet sightseeing cruise. You will be accompanied on all excursions by a knowledgeable guide trained in the local wildlife and natural history of the area. In the evening relax in the lounge while enjoying an interpretive presentation by one of the guides
* - Transfer from hotel to the floatplane base is only included for passengers arriving into Campbell River by air. Passengers with cars should drive to the floatplane base themselves to arrive by 08:45 & say they are guests of the lodge (5 minute drive from Campbell River; directions provided locally. There is free parking available at Vancouver Island Air while passengers are at Knight Inlet Lodge.)
Guests booked on 3-night packages can participate in extra bearviewing and wildlife watching excursions, an interpretative hike through the Kwalate River Valley, and wildlife tracking.
Guests booked on 4-, 5- and 6-night packages additionally enjoy a full day excursion to Johnstone Strait for marine life viewing and an excursion to the upper reaches of Knight Inlet (5- and 6-night only).
Overnights at Knight Inlet Lodge.
- DEPARTURE DAY – KNIGHT INLET TO CAMPBELL RIVER
On your day of departure you’ll have the opportunity to go on a final bearviewing boat excursion before your 10:00 return transfer to Campbell River by floatplane.
- Accommodation for 1 night in Campbell River at the Comfort Inn & Suites and 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 nights at Knight Inlet Lodge (deluxe room with private bathroom and shower)
- Meals: Full board starting with breakfast day 2 and ending with breakfast last day, complimentary wine with dinner
- Arrival transfer from Campbell River Airport
- Transfer from hotel to floatplane base (applicable only to passengers who fly to Campbell River)
- Passengers with cars should drive to the floatplane base themselves (5 minute drive from hotel; directions provided locally). Complimentary parking is available at Campbell River floatplane base for passengers who drive to the base
- Return floatplane from Campbell River floatplane base to Knight Inlet Lodge (check-in at 09:00, return flight arrives in Campbell River at 11:00)
- Transfer from floatplane base to Campbell River Airport
- Welcome orientation briefing
- Bear viewing tour
- Scenic boat ride through Glendale Cove
- Knight Inlet sightseeing cruise
- All transportation to the bearwatching platforms (in the spring and summer, viewing is done from boats)
- Interpretative guide
- Evening interpretative programmes
- Rain gear, if necessary
- Baggage handling
- All park user fees
- Staff gratuities
- Environmental levy
- Conservation fee
- Provincial Taxes and Federal GST
- 3-night package additional activities:
- Extra bear viewing trips
- Interpretative forest hike through the Kwalate River Valley
- Wildlife tracking to make plaster casts of animal prints
- Excursions for Bald Eagle viewing and other wildlife
- 4-, 5- and 6-night package additional activities:
As some of these activities are marine-based, they are strongly weather-dependent. On a short duration tour, it may be difficult to include the activity.
- Full day excursion to Johnstone Strait for marine wildlife viewing
- Bald Eagle and other bird watching
- Extra bearviewing
- Excursion to Thompson Sound and Bond Sound for bear and wildlife viewing
- Wildlife tracking to make plaster casts of animal prints
- Interpretative forest hike in the Kwalate River Valley
- Return airfare between Vancouver and Campbell River
- Alcoholic beverages, unless specified
- Fitness level: A low to moderate level of physical fitness is required for all tours including, but not limited to, the ability to walk 100 – 200 metres on uneven, slippery and or muddy shoreline. Please advise if guests are concerned with their physical capabilities so we may discuss this with Knight Inlet Lodge in more detail.
- Please be advised that all Knight Inlet bookings are on a request basis only, which generally results in longer response time.
- The lodge rooms do not have telephone or television. Public phone is available. There is no public internet / wi-fi at the lodge.
- All guests are required to sign a waiver of liability prior to departure
- Guests are allowed one 14 kg bag and a small carry-on on all packages. Any excess luggage is subject to a surcharge of $1 / 0.5 kg (subject to availability, cost can change without notice). Excess luggage can be stored at the floatplane terminal at no charge.
- Daily activities may be modified depending on weather and water level conditions.
- Guests will be divided into groups upon arrival at the resort so that you experience the true magnificence of the inlet in small, well-organised teams of maximum 8 guests (up to 12 for whale watching). The lodge can accommodate 36 guests at one time.
- Meals: vegetarian, as well as any other special dietary needs, can usually be met with advance notice. All meals are a set menu that changes daily but please advise if you have special requests for dietary or allergy issues.
- It is suggested that you bring casual clothing that can be worn in layers; good walking / trekking shoes (waterproof is best), shorts, and a pair of light gloves (spring /fall). The lodge will provide you with good quality wet weather gear, including rubber boots.
HOW TO GET THERE (for arrival at Campbell River hotel):
- AIR | Pacific Coastal Airlines offers daily service between Vancouver Airport (South Terminal) and Campbell River. Campbell River Airport Shuttle is taking you to Comfort Inn they will have the lodge.
Vancouver – Campbell River: $207
Campbell River – Vancouver: $211
- CAR | Travelling north from Victoria, take Highway 1 north for 1.5 hours to Nanaimo (110 km). From Nanaimo, take Highway 19 north for 1.5 hours (155 km), or take the scenic route along the Ocean Highway 19A, passing through the town of Parksville, to Campbell River. Continue on Highway 19 into Campbell River.
From Port Hardy, take Highway 19 south for approximately 3 hours (235 km), to Campbell River.