Hawaii's Maunakea and Kilauea Volcano Tour
9 hours (Approx.)
On this Mauna Kea sunset and stargazing tour you’ll get to view the stars and sunset from above the clouds, at the summit of a volcano! After a beautiful sunset, prepare to be amazed as the night sky lights up with thousands of glittering stars. And this is the cheapest in this Island for 20 years, and best reviews!
- Guide (English Speaking)
- Snow jackets, pants and gloves ?
- Bottled water & Snacks
- Hot Drinks
- Picnic dinner (Bento box)
- Oxygen cylinder?
- Astronomical telescope?
- Admission fee for Maunakea summit
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Traveler pickup is offered
- Departure Point: Gilbert Kahele Recreation Park, 44-5400 Daniel K. Inouye Hwy, Waimea, HI 96743, USA
- Departure Time: 1:00 PM
- Returns to original departure point
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Stop At: Keauhou. Duration: 2 hours.
Hotel pick up (Keauhou - Kailua town / Kona Area) & Hotel pick up (Waikoloa resort - Hapuna area )
Pick-up time varies depending on the season and the place you stay.
- Stop At: Onizuka Astronomy Complex. Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes.
Mauna Kea Visitor Information Station, Hilo, Hawaii We took a break at the Onizuka Visitor Center at an altitude of 2.800 m for a dinner and an altitude acclimatization. Use this time to get used to the body. We also change clothes for winter clothes here.
- Stop At: Mauna Kea Summit. Duration: 30 minutes.
Mauna Kea summit at an altitude of 13,796 ft (4,205 m)! At 13,796 feet, this peak offers an incredible view of lava, desert, the valley and Mauna Loa. Watch the sunset at the top of Mauna Kea nearest to the universe. Enjoy a fantastic moment.
- Stop At: Mauna Kea. Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes.
Starry sky observation with an astronomical telescope and a laser pen at an altitude of 2.800-3.700 m (depending on the weather).
- Stop At: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.Duration: 2 hours.
Next day, we'll go World Heritage Kilauea Volcano "Hawaii Volcanoes National Park".
Additional Info: This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers.
CANCELLATION POLICY: This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.