Muir Woods & Sausalito Tour
- See some of the tallest Redwood trees in the world
- Explore Muir Woods National Monument at your leisure
- Amazing views of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco’s skyline
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the charming seaside town of Sausalito
- Knowledgeable tour guide aboard the bus
Visit two of Northern California's most beautiful spots - the famous Muir Woods National Monument and the coastal town of Sausalito. Start your tour in San Francisco and across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge with breathtaking views of Alcatraz Island and San Francisco’s skyline. Explore Muir Woods National Monument with some of the tallest Redwood trees in the world, and enjoy a ride through the charming town of Sausalito.
The tour departs from Fisherman's Wharf with a knowledgeable tour guide on board the bus. On the way out to Muir Woods, you will cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge with breathtaking views of the San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island. Continue along the Pacific Coast Highway, providing stunning views of the coastal mountains before heading further to Muir Woods National Monument. Relax in your comfortable seat and enjoy the beautiful scenery while your tour guide shares fun and informative facts along the way.
Muir Woods is home to the Coast Redwoods, some of the tallest trees in the world, and it is the last remaining stands of Old Growth Forest, sustained by the temperate marine fog. With maps in hand, take a walk through the spectacular woods and take in all of its natural beauty. There are a number of paved walking trails that take you close to the magnificent giants, or you can explore the area by using the unpaved walking trails leading up the hills. It may even feel like a movie scene because Muir Woods was also used as the film set for a few blockbusters, such as the "Rise of the Planet of the Apes".
After exploring Muir Woods for about 1.5 hours at your leisure, we will head to charming Sausalito, a small Mediterranean-style seaside town in Marin County, home to some of the country's wealthiest citizens. Sausalito is a gorgeous destination that offers boutique shopping, unique art galleries, parks, amazing food and breathtaking views of the bay.
If you wish to spend time in Sausalito, you can choose to hop off the tour and enjoy a ferry ride back to San Francisco with beautiful views of the Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco skyline and Alcatraz Island (ferry tickets not included), or you can stay on board the tour and return back to San Francisco.
- Operating Days: Daily (except Christmas Day, Thanksgiving, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day)
- Departure time: 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM
- Departure Location: Pier 41 (at the corner of Jefferson St. & Powell St.), San Francisco
- Duration: approx. 4 hours
- Your tour ticket includes the entrance fee to Muir Woods ($15)
- Exclusions: Tips and gratuities, Food and beverages, Hotel pick up