4-Days Inca Trail to Machu Picchu Trek
Hike along the famous Inca Trail to Macchu Picchu this 4-day all-inclusive tour from Cusco. Trek and camp through the Andean jungle and pass key sites such as Valley of Huayllabamba, Warmihuanusca, Runcuracay, and more. On the last day, hike to the famous Inti Punku, the Sun Gate, and take a guided tour of Machu Picchu to learn about the mystical Inca Empire.
- Cusco: Beginning of the Inca trail KM 82 – Huayllabamba
Patallacta. We will leave early from Cusco (Cuzco) by bus and drive to Km 82, the starting point for the Inca Trail. Here we´ll meet the porters and cooks who will take all the necessary equipment for the trip. We will begin the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (Machu Picchu) crossing the Piscacucho Bridge, then climbing to Patallaqta, where we will have lunch.
Duration: 5 hours. Ticket Included.
Huayllabamba. We continue our journey crossing the Valley of Huayllabamba until we reach our campsite, where we will have a pleasant dinner. Overnight at the camp.
Duration: 1 hour. Ticket Free.
Accommodation: Overnight at the camp.
- Inca trail Huayllabamba – Pacaymayu
Rio Pacaymayo. Early breakfast. Our trek takes us up to Warmihuañusca at 4,200 m.a.s.l., where we will have a panoramic view of the mountains and high snowy peaks surrounding us. We will descend to our next campsite, Pacaymayu where we will have dinner and overnight at the camp.
Duration: 6 hours. Ticket Free.
Accommodation: Overnight at the camp.
- Inka trail Pacaymayu – Winaywayna
Winay Wayna. Early breakfast, then we will begin trekking, ascending toward Runcuracay, an archeological site at 3,700 m.a.s.l. Then we will continue toward Sayacmarka, another archeological area, where we will have lunch. After lunch we will continue to Phuyupatamarca (in Quechua, City above the clouds), an impressive Inca City. Finally, we will reach Wiñaywayna at 2,690 m.a.s.l where we will have dinner and overnight at the camp.
Duration: 8 hours. Ticket Included.
- Winaywayna - Machu Picchu - Cusco
Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu. After breakfast, we continue hiking until we reach Inti Punku or the Sun Gate, the entrance to the wonderful Machu Picchu citadel. Here, we will have a guided tour of this impressive site. After our tour we´ll take the bus down to the small town of Aguas Calientes, then after lunch (not included) we will take the train back to Cusco.
Duration: 2 hours. Ticket Included.
Cusco. Reception at the train station and back to your hotel.
- Pre-departure briefing about the trek
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco or Sacred Valley
- Bus to km 82 – Piskacucho village (trek starting point)
- Meals for the entire trek (3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners)
- Snacks (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten- wheat-free or special diets upon request)
- 1 expert cook, assistants
- Porters to carry camping equipment, tents, table, stools, and cooking gear
- Dining and kitchen tent, camping tables and stools
- 2 people per tent
- Emergency First-aid kit and oxygen assistance
- 3-4 hours guided tour in Machu Picchu and extra time for yourself
- Bus down from Machu Picchu to Aguascalientes town
- Tourist Expedition train back to Cusco
- Entrance fee climb to Huaynapicchu Mountain – (Booking in advance required)
- All personal care items
- Lunch in Aguascalientes or Machu Pichu (the fourth day)
- Down sleeping bag (- Minus 10ºC), you can rent through us
- Personal porter to carry your personal items. Please ask us for this service
- Single tent
- Tips for the trekking crew, guides, cooks and porters, it's a tradition but not mandatory
- Hotel in Cusco prior to, or after, your tour
- Travel insurance
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Traveler pickup is offered. Departure Point: Your hotel in Cusco or Sacred Valley.
- Return point: Returns to original point of departure.
- Departure Time: 6:00 AM
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- What you should bring: A backpack with a change of clothes, rain coat, sturdy footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended, thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping, sleeping bag, flashlight/headlamp, protection for the sun, rain and cold, insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET, snacks, small towel.
- Plastic water bottles are no longer allowed on the Inca Trail. Nalgene or metal containers are recommended.
CANCELLATION POLICY: all sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.