Polar Bear Photo Safari, 7- 8 Days
One of our two safaris geared toward aspiring and professional photographers, this trip takes place during the classic late-fall season and offers ground-level opportunities to capture polar bears, wolves, moose, boreal owls, northern lights, and more!
Choose from either a four- or five-night stay at Nanuk. Select departures also offer photo workshops (additional fees may apply).
2023 COST PER PERSON, CAD:
|Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge||Twin||Single||Child|
- Daily, guided hikes across the tundra to view polar bears and other Arctic wildlife, up-close-and-personal, in their natural habitat.
- Indulging your taste buds with our tundra-inspired cuisine, complemented by select Canadian wines.
- Sky gazing! Our location beneath the auroral oval offers nearly 300 nights of aurora viewing each year. If conditions permit, you will be able to enjoy the greatest light show on earth from within the lodge or out in our secure compound. There is a high chance of seeing the lights on this safari.
- Educational evening presentations by our lodge managers or naturalist guides about our Arctic ecosystems, landscape and lifestyle.
- Travelling further afield on one of our half or full-day ATV tours. Our low-impact tundra vehicles give you access to areas up and down the coast.
- Sunrises, sunsets and blue hour—our photo safaris give you ample opportunity to photograph the wildlife and landscapes of the Hudson Bay coast during the best light.
- Roundtrip airfare between Winnipeg and Churchill, Manitoba
- Roundtrip airfare between Churchill and Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge
- Two nights’ accommodations in Winnipeg
- Four/five nights’ lodge accommodations
- All meals, excursions and guide services while in Churchill and at the Lodge
- Winter gear
- Taxes and gratuities
NANUK POLAR BEAR LODGE:
Situated next to pristine Arctic waters on Hudson Bay with Canada’s Boreal Forest as its backyard sits Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge. The diverse ecosystem surrounding Nanuk is home to Canadian icons such as polar bears, black bears, wolves, and moose.
From the safety of the fence surrounding the Lodge, view the northern lights or get up-close-and-personal with the polar bears and other wildlife that meander past, as curious about you as you are about them.
The eight guestrooms with en-suite bathrooms are housed in two guest wings connected to the main dining room/lounge area, each with cozy sitting areas overlooking the Bay. After a long day trekking the tundra, kick back in our lounge and enjoy an informative presentation by our guides or simply relax and enjoy conversations with new friends.