Waimea Canyon and Fern Grotto Kauai
9 hours (Approx.)
Discover some of the Garden Isle’s most enchanting landscapes and cultural attractions on a full-day Kauai sightseeing tour by coach. Peer into the majestic, multicolored expanse of Waimea Canyon, be surrounded by the lush tropical paradise of the Fern Grotto and learn about sacred Hawaiian legends on a cruise down the Wailua River. See many of the island’s south shore highlights along the way, including old Koloa Town, the Spouting Horn natural blowhole, Captain Cook’s Landing and Coco Palms Grove.
- Full-day sightseeing tour of Kauai including Waimea Canyon and Fern Grotto
- Admire the magnificent 'Grand Canyon of the Pacific' from the rim
- Learn about sacred Hawaiian traditions on a Wailua River cruise
- Watch waves crash up through the Spouting Horn blowhole
- See where Elvis filmed "Blue Hawaii" at Coco Palms Grove
- Feel the spray of a tropical waterfall at Opaeka`a Falls Lookout
- Wailua River Boat Cruise fare
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch (available for purchase)
- NO pickup transportation provided in the Saint Regis Princeville Resort area. Rental car required to meet the tour bus
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Departure Point: Hotel pickups: 7:45am – 8:45am
- Return point: Hotel drop-offs: 5:30pm – 6:00pm
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Pass By: Haupu.
Haupu Mountain range offers a profile of the British Queen Victoria.
- Pass By: Maluhia Road Tree Tunnel
Tunnel of Trees: Over a century ago, 500 eucalyptus trees were planted to form where today they tower over 100 ft and make a spectacular entry way to Koloa.
- Pass By: Old Koloa Town
Holds the rich history of Hawai‘i’s sugar plantation days.
- Stop At: Spouting Horn. Duration: 15 minutes.
One of the most photographed spots on Kaua‘i.
- Stop At: Hanapepe Valley Lookout. Duration: 15 minutes.
A picturesque view of the lush tropical valley that was once a Hawaiian taro farming community with taro still being farmed today.
- Pass By: Russian Fort Elizabeth State Historical Park.
The last Russian Fort on the Hawaiian Islands.
- Pass By: Captain Cook
Where the first British discoverer Captain James Cook first landed and discovered Hawai‘i.
- Stop At: Waimea Canyon State Park. Duration: 15 minutes.
Known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific, was carved out by the Waimea River and the collapse of a volcano.
- Pass By: Holoholoku
- Stop At: Wailua River State Park. Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes.
Float down a fresh water river while being enchanted by songs and stories of ancient Hawai‘i.
- Stop At: Fern Grotto. Duration: 20 minutes.
Discover the beauty of a tropical rain forest filled with lush native plants.
- Pass By: Opaekaa Falls.
A 46 m waterfall crashing into a hidden pool.
- Children under 3 years of age are considered FREE if child is on lap and does not occupy a seat
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Cancellation Policy: This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.