Waterfall & Rainforest Hiking Adventure
7 hours (Approx.)
On this guided East Maui rainforest hike, experience the hidden, tropical beauty of the island’s lush interior. Here in one of the island’s most popular valleys, your guide will take you to sections of the rainforest that are well off the beaten track, where secret waterfalls spill into pools that welcome you for a dip. Adventurous visitors can climb up the rocks and jump towards the pools below, or simply relax in the jungle scenery while enjoying a refreshing lunch. This Maui waterfalls and rainforest hike is a total of 5-6 hours, and transport from your Maui hotel can also be arranged.
- Embark on a 5- to 6-hour guided waterfalls and rainforest hike in East Maui
- Explore the lush wilderness of one of Maui’s most popular valleys, right off the Hana Highway
- Discover three or more stream-fed waterfalls
- Swim in the pools beneath the waterfalls, or jump off nearby rocks into the water
- Enjoy a healthy lunch featuring fresh island ingredients
- Optional round-trip transport from Maui hotels
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
NOT INCLUDED: Gratuities
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at all major resorts in Kihei, Wailea, Lahaina, Ka'anapali & Kapalua. Not pick up in other parts of the island or in residential areas.
- Departure Time: 9:30 AM
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This Maui waterfalls and rainforest tour begins at your hotel door (if you’ve chosen the optional transport option). If you’d prefer to drive yourself to the start, the tour begins in Kahului towards the start of the Hana Highway.
You’ll then be driven past the town of Paia and famous Ho’okipa Lookout, where the road gradually begins to narrow and weave deeper into the rainforest. Arriving at a popular, East Maui valley, your local guide will lead you on trails away from the rest of the crowds. This area has been chosen for its large number of waterfalls — with some up to 12 m high — and you’ll encounter at least three throughout the 4 km, moderately difficult hike.
At a hidden pool, stop to take a refreshing dip or go jumping off of the rocks, where the 10-15 ft. ( 3-4.5m) height from the water can lead to a thundering splash. Enjoy a healthy meal of sandwiches, fresh island fruit, and chips, and relax in the sun while seated on rocks at the base of the tropical pool.
Dry yourself off and drink in the scenery of deep in the East Maui rainforest, before continuing the hike past even more waterfalls on the short walk back to the van.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Maximum of 6 passengers per booking. For larger groups, please contact the supplier directly
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements (2 passengers minimum). In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund