Day Trips - Heli-Ski with Whistler Heli-Ski
True to its reputation as the world’s foremost ski resort, the Whistler / Blackcomb area offers unsurpassed heli-skiing and boarding. Endless glaciers and vast fields of virgin snow, accessible only by helicopter, guarantee a thrilling and memorable ski experience. Programme includes transfers to heli-pad, four or six descents (approx. 1800 m - 4600 m combined vertical), professional guide service, avalanche transceiver, shovel pack, and mountain lunch. Whistler Blackcomb rentals can be switched in any rental location for powder skis or it can done by Whistler Heli-Ski at no charge. Extra runs are available for purchase locally on the day of the excursion: Elite Adventure: $110 regular season, $120 high season, per person, per run, plus 5% GST; Ultimate Excursion: $120 regular season, $130 high season, per person, per run, plus 5% GST. Additional days can be booked only in conjunction with full 4 or 6-descent packages. Multi day programs do not have to be onsecutive days.
COST, PER PERSON, CAD
| Dec 6, 2021 - Jan 14, 2022
Mar 16 - Apr 17, 2022
| Jan 15 - Mar 15, 2022
|1 Day (4 Runs)||1.451||1.579|
|2 Day (4 Runs Per Day)||2.797||3.054|
|3 Day (4Runs Per Day)||4.159||4.543|
|1 Day (6 Runs)||1.865||1.981|
|2 Day (6 Runs Per Day)||3.627||3.860|
|3 Day (6 Runs Per Day)||5.403||5.754|
|Powder Ski / Snowboard Rental*||63||63|
* - Complimentary powder ski rentals for the second and subsequent days of heli skiing/boarding
Whistler Heli-Ski Refund Policy
If Whistler Heli is unable to complete a reserved package, the refund amount per completed run is as follows:
|Product||Dates||1 Run||2 Runs||3 Runs||4 Runs||5 Runs|
|Elite Adventure|| Dec 6, 2021 - Jan 14, 2022
Mar 16 - Apr 17, 2022
|Elite Adventure||Jan 15 - Mar 15, 2022||970||550||120||N/A||N/A|
|Ultimate Excursion|| Dec 6, 2021 - Jan 14, 2022
Mar 16 - Apr 17, 2022
|Ultimate Excursion||Jan 15 - Mar 15, 2022||1.325||900||500||240||120|
- Elite Adventure: moderate pace, designed for ski fit, advanced to expert skiers and snowboarders that would like more vertical, and are comfortable in powder. Uses the Bell 212 helicopter that accommodates up to 10 people. Minimum age 14.
- Ultimate Excursion: fast pace, designed for technically strong, experienced and physically fit skiers and snowboarders. Must be powder experts looking for lots of vertical. Uses the Bell 407 helicopter for small groups of up to 5 people. Minimum age 14.
- Passengers’ weight, ability level (intermediate, advanced, expert), birth date, ski/snowboard preference must be provided in order to confirm a booking. Passengers’ accommodation and last day of skiing would be helpful if the supplier needs to to reschedule due to poor weather conditions.
- Passengers must check into Whistler Heli-Ski office by 16:00 at the latest on the day prior to departure. The reservation may be forfeited if if they have not checked in by 18:00. At this time, guests will be required to sign a release of liability and provide information so passengers are grouped correctly.
- If the trip is cancelled due to weather or snow conditions, guests will be telephoned at their hotel between 07:45 and 08:15. If Whistler Heli is not able to fly, guests will receive a full refund. Best efforts will be made to reschedule their ski day based on availability.
- Departure point: Whistler Heli-Ski store at Carleton Lodge. Check in is at 08:15 for guests requiring rentals, or 08:30 for guests with their own skis. Proceed to the Powder Hut where the guide will introduce himself and assemble the group for a heli-ski introduction
- The group departs for Whistler Heliport with the guide, a 10 minute drive north of the Village. At the heliport guests will receive additional instruction about the helicopters as well as a transceiver orientation.
- Persons under the age of 19 years must have their waivers witnessed in Whistler Heli-Skiing office by a parent or guardian.
- The person must be a good skier or snowboarder. (Most minors that go heli-skiing have been in junior race or free-style programs). The person must be of mature character and is used to dealing with adults. Whistler Heli-Skiing reserves the right to refuse any minor that they feel will not properly fit into the heli-ski day.
- Date changes will be allowed with no penalty up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled flight.
- 48-24 hours prior to departure: $200 Inside 24 hours and no-show: 100% of net tour cost.
- Passengers who cannot compete all of their runs due to injury, illness or ability will not be refunded. If guests cannot participate due to Covid-19 illness, a full refund will be provided. A doctors note may be required.