Big Island Day Trip: Big Island Volcano Adventure Tour from Oahu
15 hours (Approx.)
Stroll the black sand beaches in Hilo and feel the cool spray of Rainbow Falls on this full-day trip to the Big Island from Oahu. Learn about the island's fascinating geography and catch glimpses of the impressive Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Round-trip airfare and all on-island ground transportation are included.
- Full-day guided trip to see the top sights of the Big Island of Hawaii, from Oahu
- Visit Hilo Bay Beachfront Park and hike to Rainbow Falls
- Learn about the history and geology of the sights you visit from an informative guide
- Round-trip coach-class air travel to the Big Island included
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if purchased)
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks (unless lunch option is selected)
- Hotel to airport transfers from Waikiki area only (if purchased)
Departure & Return:
- Departure Point: Ala Moana Hotel, 410 Atkinson Dr, Honolulu, HI 96814, USA
- Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from most hotels in the Waikiki area only between 5:00-5:30 a.m.
- Returns to original departure point
What To Expect:
Following pickup in the early morning from your Waikiki hotel, head to the Honolulu airport to catch your flight bound for the Big Island. Spend the day learning about the geology and history of the island from your local guide.
First, witness the affect volcanoes have had and continue to have on the island at Volcano National Park. Overlook the volcanoes while you enjoy breakfast at your own expense at Volcano House Restaurant. See the Steam Vents, travel the Chain of Craters Road and Devastation Trail.
Next it's on to the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory for a self-guided tour before you get to feel the cool spray of not one, but two of the island's beautiful waterfalls, as you visit Rainbow and Akaka Falls. Take a scenic tour though Hilo, then relax as you are returned to your departure point.
- Once reservation is made, tour is Non-Refundable and Non-Changeable.
- As we cannot predict volcanic activity, features may vary daily depending on conditions. In an effort to make this an unforgettable experience, the tour operators will take you as close as possible to the volcanic activity.
- Lava sightings not guaranteed.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it's canceled due to poor weather, your will be offered a different date or a full refund.