Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall & Arenal Volcano Hike
Spend a full day exploring Costa Rica’s notoriously active crater on this 3-in-1 Arenal combo adventure. Hike through the jungle surrounding Arenal Volcano on a series of nature trails and hanging bridges, and trek down to the base of La Fortuna Waterfall to appreciate the height and power of the cascade and swim in a natural pool. Finish with a majestic perspective as you explore the lava fields of former eruptions and look for native wildlife along the trails of Arenal Volcano National Park.
- Full-day Arenal Combo tour from La Fortuna
- Hike through the rain forest on nature trails and suspended bridges
- Trek through lava fields and enjoy views of Arenal Lake on a hike around the base of the volcano
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Arenal/La Fortuna only
- National Park fees
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
NOT INCLUDED: Gratuities
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park, 2km este de la represa del Lago Arenal, La Fortuna de, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, 21007, Costa Rica
- La Fortuna Waterfall, 1.5 km south and 3 km west from the Catholic Church, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna de San Carlos, 21007, Costa Rica
- Rancho Rainforest Explorers, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
- Arenal Volcano, Alajuela Province, San Carlos, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered:
- Transportation from all hotels in La Fortuna and Arenal area is included, a few hotels may be located out of the main area and will require an extra fee.
- Some travelers have rental cars and prefer to meet with us, just tell us where you will be coming from.
- In interested in the tour from a different destination, other than Arenal, please let us know, we can offer transportation from many places around the country.
Departure Time: 7:00 AM
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Stop At: Arenal Volcano
This is a unique opportunity where you can hike around an active volcano! Don't worry, it's not throwing lava anymore but it certainly left the lava trails where you will be walking around and be as close from this colossus and everything it represents such as the rainforest, home of animals, culture, amazing views and fascinating history!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes. Ticket Included.
- Stop At: Arenal Hanging Bridges
At the hanging bridges you will be hiking while combining the fascinating hanging bridges with ground hikes among the rainforest. A series of hanging bridges are connected at this nice park so you can walk on them and be able to observe what the real rainforest looks like from the heights... Even though you will be hanging up in the treetops you will be able to see much wildlife action and birds and learn of a different way of life from the heights.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes. Ticket Included.
- Pass By: Lake Arenal
You will pass through the dam that shows the open way of the gorgeous and giant Arenal Lake.
- Stop At: La Fortuna Waterfall
To get to the magnificent waters of the waterfall a 20 minute hike down 500 stairs will be required, don't panic! Is not as bad as it sounds... you will be with your guide overlooking at the beauty of the canyon that opens in front of you and you will go slow, at your own pace, trust me, it is worth it! Once you reach the ground, take some time to feel yourself immerse in nature and all it represents to you, is the perfect way to relax, just let go and think of anything else but the moments you are having. Jump in to the water, explore, swim and have a great time before getting back up on the same trail... but again, slowly! At the waterfall you have 2 options: 1. Do the hike as described 2. Stay up at the main facilities, there is a restaurant to have a drink, bathrooms and changing rooms and a nice observatory so you can look down to the waterfall and wait for the group to get back up and take you to taste a fine lunch.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes. Ticket Included.
- Stop At: Rain Forest Explorers
After a nice hike and swim at the waterfall La Familia Rodriguez will be waiting for you with the perfect lunch to recover the energy! They will serve a really tasteful traditional lunch, cooked with local farm and organic ingredients and giving it the love touch for what will be the best meal you will have while in Costa Rica! Share sometime at the family ranch and share lunch with them, is a good way to make new friends and learn about our culture. After a homemade cup of coffee and relaxing by the sounds of the water running from the river is time to continue our day adventure and heads towards the volcano.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes. Ticket Free.