High Arctic Explorer, 12 Days
SMALL-SHIP EXPEDISHION: AUGUST 5 TO AUGUST 16, 2021
FROM $7.595 to $19.295 USD per person, USD
Save 15% until October 31, 2020
Journey in comfort aboard the Ocean Endeavour from Qausuittuq (Resolute Bay), Nunavut to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland. Visit the Arctic at the height of summer!
Explore Tallurutiup Imanga marine protected area. Visit the Franklin graves on Beechey Island. Enjoy an Inuit welcome in Mittimatalik (Pond Inlet).
Across Baffin Bay lies the sublime Greenland coast. Illulissat offers cafes, hiking, and handicrafts. Ilulissat Icefjord is home to, the fastest-moving glacier in the world. Explore the best of Greenland and Nunavut!
- Visit Beechey Island National Historic Site
One of the most notorious sites in the Arctic, Beechey Island is famed as the site where the ill-fated Franklin Expedition overwintered, 1845–1846.
The graves of three of Franklin’s men, along with a fourth man from a later Northwest Passage expedition are a haunting memorial to the heyday of European Arctic exploration.
- Cruise Tallurutiup Imanga National Marine Protected Area
Lancaster Sound, the entrance to the Northwest Passage through the Canadian Arctic archipelago, is home to Canada’s newest National Marine Protected Area. Glacier-fed waters, mountain landscapes, and rugged coastlines define this vast and beautiful place—as does the plentiful marine wildlife.
- Visit unique cultural historical sites from the Thule period and the European explorerera
- Seek seabirds, marine mammals, and polar bears in this unique, protected habitat
- Enjoy an Inuit cultural welcome at Mittimatilik (Pond Inlet)
Enjoy the warmth of an Inuit welcome as drum dancers, throat singers, and cultural ambassadors share their stories, songs, and connections to the land.
- See the views of stunning Bylot Island
- Try your luck against a local athlete at Inuit games
- Look for handicrafts and carvings at the cultural centre
- Cruise among icebergs at Jakobshavn Glacier, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
The fastest-calving glacier in the world spills thousands of enormous icebergs every year into the spectacular Ilulissat Icefjord in Disko Bay, Greenland.
View the icebergs from the shore on a hike along the boardwalk—then board a Zodiac to cruise your way among them!
- Explore the spectacular west coast of Greenland
The west coast of Greenland is deeply cut by spectacular fjords. At the head of many fjords are the glaciers, spawned from the enormous Greenland ice cap.
These glaciers produce the mighty icebergs that dot Baffin Bay, riding their way north on currents before being carried southbound for Newfoundland. To watch them on their journey is one of the world’s most amazing sights!