Newfoundland Circumnavigation, 11 Days
SMALL-SHIP EXPEDISHION: OCTOBER 1 TO OCTOBER 11, 2021
FROM $4.595 to $16.095 USD per person, USD
Save 15% until October 31, 2020
Explore Newfoundland at its most authentic: by sea! Daily excursions explore the island’s hidden treasures. Our engaging local guides will have you wanting to stay.
Canada’s newest province is unlike anywhere else on Earth. Hiking is excellent. Photography, superb. Wildlife and scenery, striking. And the hospitality, sublime.
Join our expedition team of musicians, artists, naturalists, scientists, and scholars. Every day is an adventure ashore, and every night is a potential "kitchen party" aboard!
- Experience Newfoundland hospitality all around the island
Newfoundland is famous for fishing music, poetry, storytelling, folk art—and amazingly welcoming people. At every stop along the way, local people share their own special relationship with their island home.
- Travel with experienced Newfoundland staff who delight in telling their stories
- Enjoy authentic Newfoundland music and arts daily
- Learn the history of the salt cod fishery that dominated Newfoundland for five centuries
- Enjoy a warm Mi’kmaw welcome in Miawpukek First Nation
- Hike the spectacular Tablelands at Gros Morne National Park
Geology rules at Gros Morne, where the Earth’s mantle actually protrudes through the crust to form the unique mountainous formations of the Tablelands.
- Learn the unique natural history of Gros Morne from experienced naturalists
- Marvel at the extraordinary views of beautiful Bonne Bay
- See the desert-like landscape dominated by peridotite, where few things can grow
- Get a taste of Europe on the French island of Saint-Pierre
For many people, the island of Saint-Pierre is a bucket-list item. Just off the coast of Newfoundland, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon remains a French overseas territory.
The last of France’s colonial presence in North America, Saint-Pierre offers wonderful shopping, fine wine and cheeses, quirky cafes, and fine dining.
- Visit the restored Viking habitation at L’Anse aux Meadows
The only authenticated Norse archeological site in all of North America, L’Anse aux Meadows, at the northern tip of Newfoundland is a must-see.
Here the Viking settlement, first discovered in the 1960s has been reconstructed. A fabulous interpretation centre and wonderful guides in period costume bring Viking history to life.
- Experience our Taste of Place program
Savour local dishes and meet the fishers and growers who make it happen through Adventure Canada's signature Taste of Place culinary program.