Arctic Discovery, 9 Days
Embark on an immersive adventure and learn about the ecosystems, wildlife, and history of southern Hudson Bay and iconic York Factory with our Arctic Discovery safari.
Your trip will include a tour of the Manitoba Museum in Winnipeg where you’ll be introduced to the wildlife and history of the Arctic region during a private tour. Then, you’ll spend two days exploring Churchill, enjoying marine tours, and beluga encounters before boarding a plane for the flight to Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge.
2023 COST PER PERSON, CAD:
|Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge||Twin||Single||Child|
- Four days of guided hikes across the tundra to view polar bears and other Arctic wildlife, up-close-and-personal, in their natural habitat.
- Kayaking with beluga whales in the Churchill River.
- Exploring the historic port of Churchill, meeting local characters, and uncovering its charms.
- Indulging your taste buds with our tundra-inspired cuisine, complemented by select Canadian wines.
- Sky gazing! Our location beneath the auroral oval offers nearly 300 nights of aurora viewing each year. If conditions permit, you will be able to enjoy the greatest light show on earth from within the lodge or out in our secure compound. There is a low to moderate chance of seeing the lights on this safari.
- Educational evening presentations by our lodge managers or naturalist guides about our Arctic ecosystems, landscape, and lifestyle.
- Travelling further afield on one of our half or full-day ATV tours. Our low-impact tundra vehicles give you access to areas up and down the coast.
- Roundtrip airfare between Winnipeg and Churchill, Manitoba
- Roundtrip airfare between Churchill and Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge
- Two nights’ accommodations in Winnipeg
- Two nights’ accommodations in Churchill
- Four nights’ accommodation at Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge
- All meals, excursions, and guide services while in Churchill and at Nanuk Lodge
- Taxes and gratuities