Helicopter Tour over Haleakala Crater
45 minutes (Approx.)
On this phenomenal East Maui helicopter tour, soar high above the cinder cones of Haleakala Crater, and see hidden waterfalls, valleys, and bays on the rugged East Maui coastline. Much of Maui is inaccessible and only visible by air, and from flying high above bamboo forests to buzzing the 3.000 m summit, this is a Maui helicopter tour you’ll definitely never forget.
- Helicopter tour over East Maui
- Soar above the Hana rainforest and Haleakala crater
- Enjoy breathtaking bird's eye views of Maui
- Excellent narration provides background to all sights
- Learn about the fascinating history of Maui from an expert personal guide
- 45 minute flight over East Maui
- Hotel pickup and drop off
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Departure Point: 1 Keolani Pl, Kahului, HI 96732, USA
- Returns to original departure point
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Your helicopter tour begins at Kahului Heliport, where you buckle up inside an A-star helicopter with six forward-facing seats. Every passenger in these air-conditioned helicopters has 180-degree views, and the leather seats make a comfortable perch for exploring the island by air.
Upon lifting off from the heliport pad, hear your pilot begin narrating the flight, and minutes later, soar above waterfalls as you approach the East Maui rain forest. Whir high above valleys and hidden pools that are only accessible by air, and get a sense for how much of the island is completely undeveloped.
After flying above bays off the Hana coastline and watching waterfalls spill towards the sea, gradually climb high up the eastern flank of Haleakala volcano. With a summit of just over 3.000 m, this mountain is one of the world’s largest and tallest dormant volcanoes, and the colorful landscape of cinder cones and trails is stunning when viewed from the air.
Once back on the ground at Kahului heliport, you can buy a USB containing footage of the flight for a separate, additional charge, which is backed by tropical Hawaiian music and narration from onboard the trip.
- Weight Restrictions: Due to FAA regulations, all passengers and bags must be weighed at check-in. For each passenger weighing 108 kg or more an additional seat must be purchased. This is for the safety and comfort of all passengers. It is important to provide accurate body weight at checkout.This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour. All passengers will be weighed upon check-in.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Under representation of body weight may result in cancellation at check-in with no refund.
- Infants under 24 months must sit on an adult lap. Over 24 months must occupy their own paid seat.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers.
Cancellation Policy: This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.