Grizzly bear and wildlife watching, 3-7 Days
- ARRIVAL DAY - CAMPBELL RIVER
Arrive independently in Campbell River. The day is at your leisure. Accommodation for the first night of your Knight Inlet Lodge package will be at Comfort Inn & Suites in Campbell River. Passengers must reconfirm the floatplane departure time upon check-in. Rooms are availble for check in beginning at 15:00.
- DURING YOUR STAY - CAMPBELL RIVER TO KNIGHT INLET
After an 08:15 transfer from your hotel to the floatplane base*, you will depart at 09:30 on a 25 min flight to Knight Inlet Lodge. Once settled in at the lodge, and following a brief orientation, you will embark on a small boat excursion in the estuary. Two 2-hour tours follow in the afternoon; one of these tours is a bearviewing tour (by boat in the spring and summer and on a viewing platform from late August to October), and the other will be a Knight Inlet sightseeing cruise. You will be accompanied on all excursions by a knowledgeable guide trained in the local wildlife and natural history of the area. In the evening relax in the lounge while enjoying an interpretive presentation by one of the guides.
* - Transfer from hotel to the floatplane base is only included for passengers arriving into Campbell River by air. Passengers with cars should drive to the floatplane base themselves to arrive by 08:45 & say they are guests of the lodge (5 minute drive from Campbell River; directions provided locally. There is free parking available at Vancouver Island Air while passengers are at Knight Inlet Lodge.)
Guests booked on 3-night packages can participate in extra bearviewing and wildlife watching excursions, an interpretative hike through the Kwalate River Valley, and wildlife tracking.
Guests booked on 4-, 5- and 6-night packages additionally enjoy a full day excursion to Johnstone Strait for marine life viewing and an excursion to Thompson Sound and Bond Sound for bear and wildlife viewing.
Overnights at Knight Inlet Lodge.
- DEPARTURE DAY - KNIGHT INLET TO CAMPBELL RIVER
On your day of departure you’ll have the opportunity to go on a final bearviewing boat excursion before your 10:00 return transfer to Campbell River by floatplane.
- Return airfare between Vancouver and Campbell River
- Alcoholic beverages, unless specified
PRE / POST Accommodation, CAD:
|Comfort Inn and Suites, Campbell River - Deluxe BB|
|Twin||Single||Triple||Quad||Child (0-10 y.o.)|
|May 1- June 10, October 1 - November 4||121||242||87||70||Free|
|June 11 - September 30||146||293||102||80||Free|