Monterey & Carmel Tour
- Enjoy breathtaking views along the Pacific Coastal Highway 1
- Visit Monterey Historic Town Center and Carmel by the Sea
- Explore Monterey Bay Aquarium (entrance fee not included)
- Ride along 17-Mile Drive and Pebble Beach Golf Course
- Pass through Silicon Valley, the high-tech capital of the world
Enjoy this full day tour along one of the most breathtaking coastlines in the world - California's Highway 101. Explore the charming coastal towns of Monterey and Carmel-by-The-Sea, and pass along the famous 17-Mile Drive with amazing views of the Pacific Ocean. Your tour guide will provide useful information throughout the journey and you will have enough time to explore the beautiful places along the way at your leisure.
Starting from San Francisco, we head south on the world-famous Highway No 1, California’s most scenic coastline! Sit back and enjoy one spectacular view after another while we cruise down the winding roads along the Pacific Ocean. After the scenic ride in the morning, we visit Steinbeck’s Cannery Row in Monterey. Enjoy the local seafood restaurants and shopping options during the stop in Monterey, or explore the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium (additional fee applies). More than 250000 creatures fill over 200 spectacular galleries and exhibits, including a walk-through aviary, three story kelp forest, Penguins, and a million-gallon Outer Bay display.
We continue our tour along the picturesque 17-Mile Drive (Closed during Pro Golf Tournaments and the Concurs d'Elegance) including Pebble Beach golf course, the Lone Cypress tree, and some of the best coastal panoramas in the world. Next, you can venture through the charming seaside town Carmel-by-the-Sea with its historic main street that provides cute little shops, art galleries and cozy cafes to take a relaxing break. From here you can also wander down to the beach and take a stroll along the ocean.
After exploring all the natural beauty throughout the day, we head to a more futuristic world on our way back to San Francisco as we pass through Silicon Valley, the high-tech capital of the world. Get a glimpse of the places where Facebook, Google and many other tech companies grew to life.
As we return to San Francisco, enjoy the magnificent views of the sparkling skyline while relaxing in your comfortable seat, taking home your best memories from this wondrously scenic tour along California’s most beautiful coast line.
- Operating Days: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Years)
- Departure time: 9:00 AM
- Departure Location: Fisherman’s Wharf
- Duration: approx. 11 hours
- Hotel pick-up available in various zones in San Francisco but must be requested at least 5 days prior to departure
- A lunch stop is provided but lunch is not included in the tour price
- Inclusions: Guided tour in a luxury coach bus, Entrance fees to 17-Mile Scenic Drive
- Exclusions: Tips and Gratuities (recommended), Food and Beverages, Entrance to the Monterey Bay Aquarium