Northern Lights of the Yukon
- 3-nights Package: August 18, 2022 - April 13, 2023
- 4-nights Package: August 18, 2022 - April 12, 2023
COST PER PERSON, CAD:
| 3-nights Package
Aug 18, 2022 - April 13, 2023
| 4-nights Package
Aug 18, 2022 - April 12, 2023
- DAY 1 – ARRIVAL AT WHITEHORSE AIRPORT
Upon arrival at the airport you will be greeted by a local representative of Northern Tales Travel Services who will welcome you to the Yukon and transfer you to your hotel.* Once you have checked in you will receive an orientation meeting describing what to expect during your stay. The rest of the day is yours until your first evening viewing of the Aurora Borealis. The Aurora Borealis, commonly known as the Northern Lights, is a spectacle of magnetic and electrical charges in the air, colouring the sky a multitude of majestic hues. Tonight is your first chance to view this spectacular show. Departing the hotel at 22:00 in groups, you will be taken to a prime viewing area and treated to snacks and hot drinks during your viewing. Contemplate the sublime beauty of this fascinating array of blues, reds, greens and violets in this idyllic setting as you relax in a cozy heated cabin or walled tent. Return to the hotel at approximately 02:30. You will have another opportunity for viewing tomorrow evening. Overnight in Whitehorse.
- DAYS 2 - 3 / 2 - 4 – WHITEHORSE
On the morning of day 2 you are treated to a tour of the scenic city of Whitehorse, a former gold rush settlement set against a stunning backdrop of mountains. Discover the highlights of this town such as Main Street, the Train Depot of White Pass, Log Skyscraper, Log Church, the Sternwheeler SS Klondike, fish ladders and Schwatka Lake. Each day you are free to relax in the warm comfort of the hotel, or book an optional activity such as dogsledding, ice fishing, flightseeing or snowshoeing. You will have an opportunity to view the Aurora Borealis every evening of your stay. While waiting for the lights to appear, guests are invited to sit at a roaring bonfire, roast marshmallows, have tea and hot chocolate, chat with local guides, try out snow shoeing, tobogganing on a small hill. Overnights in Whitehorse.
- DAYS 4 / 5 – WHITEHORSE TO WHITEHORSE AIRPORT / END OF PACKAGE
Today your northern experience comes an end as you check out of your hotel and are transferred to the Whitehorse Airport.
YOUR ADVENTURE INCLUDES:
- Meet and greet at Whitehorse airport available until 20:30. Passengers arriving later than 20:30 should take the complimentary Airport shuttle bus
- Orientation meeting upon arrival
- Transfers between Whitehorse airport and Best Western Gold Rush Inn
- 3 or 4 nights accommodation at Best Western Gold Rush Inn
- Day 2 - Sightseeing tour of Whitehorse
- 3 or 4 night excursions to view the Aurora Borealis, including transfers to/from the hotel
- Hot drinks and snacks at Aurora viewing
- Federal GST
- The Takhini Express — half day dogsledding tour (3 hours)
Experience some of the most beautiful wilderness scenery on the frozen Takhini River, a historic stretch of the Yukon Quest trail. Learn the basics of mushing and drive your own sled, or, sit back and enjoy the ride while the guide shares insights on mushing and Yukon history. Return transfers between Whitehorse hotel and dogsledding site, guide, winter gear (parka, snow pants, warm boots, mittens), hot beverages and snacks after the tour are included. Maximum 4 sleds per guide.
The Takhini Express Adult Child (12-17) Child (5-11) November 20, 2022 – March 31, 2023 222 177 133
- Takhini River Day Trip - full day dogsledding tour (7 hours)
This adventure follows the Takhini River up to the start of the Dawson Overland Trail, made famous during the Klondike Gold Rush, and also famous as the Yukon Quest trail. Learn the basics of mushing and drive your own sled, or, sit back and enjoy the ride while the guide shares insights on mushing and Yukon history. Return transfers between Whitehorse hotel and dogsledding site, guide, winter gear (parka, snow pants, warm boots, mittens), trailside lunch, hot beverages and snacks after the tour are included.
Takhini River Day Trip Adult Child (12-17) December 15, 2022 – March 15, 2023 276 221
- Winter Clothing Package (optional)
Includes: winter outerwear pants and inner fleece liner, winter outerwear jacket with inner fleece liner, winter boots (Sorel Glacier or similar), insulated mitts, insulated headgear / cap.
(!) Must be booked in advance to ensure availability. Clothing size is required at the time of booking.
- 3-nights Package (Nov 1 - Apr 15) — $153
- 4-nights Package (Nov 1 - Apr 15) — $164
HOW TO GET THERE:
Air North operates scheduled flights between Vancouver and Whitehorse. Flight time is approximately 2 hours, 15 minutes.