Open-Door Helicopter Tour over Oahu
45 minutes (Approx.)
Fly aboard an open-door helicopter over Oahu for unobstructed views of the island on this tour. Feel the high-flying wind in your hair and, with your camera out and ready to snap stunning photos, listen as your pilot narrates your flight over sights like Pearl Harbor, Honolulu Harbor, Hanauma Bay and the Halona Blowhole. This excursion includes a DVD of the flight and round-trip transportation from selected hotels.
- Soar over Waikiki Beach, beautiful Hanauma Bay, Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona Memorial and more
- Capture amazing photos of Oahu's lush valleys, mountains and waterfalls
- Learn about the sights you see from your expert pilot
- Pickup and drop-off from Waikiki hotels included
- Transport by open-door helicopter
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Complimentary DVD
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Departure Point: Magnum Helicopters, 130 Iolana Pl, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Returns to original departure point
WHAT TO EXPECT:
After pickup at your Waikiki hotel, transfer to the helipad at your prearranged departure time.
Climb aboard a state-of-the-art helicopter that lacks only one thing: doors. This allows you unobstructed views as you tour the island and makes for fantastic photo opportunities. Meet your expert pilot, who will narrate the experience as you fly over Oahu's landmarks. Choose standard open seating or opt for First Class seating for a more intimate experience including you and one other person.
Start by soaring over Honolulu Harbor, the Aloha Tower, Magic Island, Keehi Lagoon and Ala Moana Beach Park. Head out of the highly developed Honolulu area and towards the greener side of Oahu, which includes waterfalls, mountains and verdant valleys.
See the soft white Waimanalo Beach and the coral formations of Kaeohe Bay, striking when viewed from the air. See the Chinaman's Hat before heading to Ka'a'awa Valley, where a dozen major motion pictures have been filmed.
On the east end of the island lies Hanauma Bay, the remnants of a volcano crater that's now a marine sanctuary and popular snorkel location. See the Halona Blowhole, Sandy Beach, Makapuu Point and its lighthouse, followed by Sea Life Park.
The island's central plain is host to the world's largest agricultural maze at the Dole Plantation. View Sacred Falls, a sheer waterfall with a 1,000-foot (300-meter) drop. Finish your Oahu helicopter tour with a panoramic view of Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial.
After your helicopter lands, transfer back to your Waikiki hotel for drop-off.
- Open Seating passengers weighing more than 250 pounds (113 kg) will be charged an additional fee. Open seating passengers exceeding 300 pounds (136 kg) will be charged for an additional seat. Both fees are payable directly to the supplier on the day of the tour.
- An individual First Class passenger’s weight must not exceed 180 pounds (81 kg). The combined weight of two First Class passengers must not exceed 345 pounds (156 kg)
- The First Class option is eligible for groups of 2 only. If there are more than 2 adults in the party, a separate reservation must be made for the remaining members of the party.
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- If you cancel within 5 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund