Pearl Harbor Circle Island
10 hours (Approx.)
Maximise your time on Oahu with a tour that checks off all the highlights in just one day. Start by visiting Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial, then take the Circle Island Drive, stopping at attractions such as the Dole Plantation, Halona Blowhole, Hanauma Bay Lookout, Hukilau Marketplace, and the North Shore beaches.
- Full-day Pearl Harbour and Circle Island tour of Oahu
- Visit the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center and the USS Arizona Memorial
- Admire natural wonders such as Halona blowhole, Waimanalo, and the North Shore Beaches
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch in Hukilau Marketplace
- Take in the views from Diamond Head, Nu’uanu Pali, and Hanauma Bay
- Ideal introduction to Oahu for first-time visitors or those short on time
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup, lunch, and all entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Storage available for purchase ($5 per bag)
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Departure Point: Waikiki Beach.
- Departure Time: 6:00 AM
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Your tour begins with a 6am pickup from your Waikiki hotel and a short transfer to the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. On arrival, use your pre-paid tickets to head inside and enjoy free time to visit the WWII memorials and museums commemorating those who fought and died during war in the Pacific.
At the end of your tour, your driver will be waiting for you and you’ll set off on the Circle Island Drive, taking in the natural and historic highlights of Oahu. Pass the Wheeler Airfield, one of the first targeted objectives of the Japanese naval attack, then make a stop at the Dole Plantation, where you can stroll through the pineapple plantation maze and perhaps sample some tasty frozen pineapple DoleWhip (own expense).
The highlight of the visit is a tour of the USS Arizona Memorial, located on the site of the sunken battleship USS Arizona and reached by boat (included). Here, you’ll have chance to watch a documentary on the history of Pearl Harbor and learn more about the fateful events of December 7 1941, the worst naval disaster in American history.
Continue to the North Shore, where you’ll have chance to explore seafront towns such as Banzai Pipeline and Sunset Beach, enjoy sweeping views of Waimea Bay, and watch the surfers taking to the waves.
As you head down the east coast, stop at the lively Hukilau Marketplace, where you’ll enjoy a delicious buffet lunch (included) and have free time to shop for souvenirs, traditional foods, and handicrafts.
After lunch, soak up the scenery as you drive along the Nu?uanu Pali sea cliffs, and make stops at Waimanalo, Sherwood Forest, Makapu?u, and Sandy Beach. As you turn back towards Honolulu, stop to explore the Halona blowhole, a magnificent underground lava tube; spot sea birds swooping over Hanauma Bay; and hop out to see the dramatic volcanic cone of Diamond Head.
After a full day taking in the island’s highlights, return to Waikiki, where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Security restrictions at Pearl Harbor will be enforced. Please do not bring large bags or anything that could offer concealment. Storage is available at Pearl Harbor an additional cost
- Dress comfortably, but please remember that shirts and shoes are required on the USS Arizona Memorial; swimsuits not permitted. High heels, dresses and skirts not recommended
- Complimentary lunch stop en route included at the Hale Aloha Buffet, Hukilau Marketplace only. All other food and beverage purchases on own