Overflight of Nazca Lines Full Day Trip from Lima
Explore the mysteries of Peru’s stunning Nazca Lines during this full-day excursion, complete with Cessna flight, departing from Lima. Drive south along the Pacific coast to Paracas, where you board your plane for an aerial adventure above this UNESCO World Heritage Site. As you soar above these intriguing works of art, also known as «geoglyphs», capture photos from your window seat, and listen as your guide explains the puzzling questions about their creation. Your Nazca Lines adventure also includes round-trip transportation from your hotel in Lima.
- Air tour over the Nazca Lines with transport from Lima
- Check out one of the most amazing and mysterious ancient attractions in Peru from the air
- Hear about the possible purposes of the drawings, which are believed to date back to around AD 400
- Enjoy the view from your own window seat
- Round-trip transport from Lima included
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Pisco airport tax TUUA (USD 5.00 per person aprox)
- Nazca airport tax TUUA (USD 14 per person aprox)
- Touristic Ticket Aerodrome (USD 15.00 per person aprox)
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- This activity includes roundtrip transfer from your hotel, apartment or home. Some locations are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted. Send your details in order to arrange your pickup and drop-off in a nearby place.
- Departure Time: 7:00 AM
After pickup in Miraflores and San Isidro, we will go to Paracas, in Peru’s province of Pisco, where you’ll start your air tour over the Nazca Lines. The drive along the coast of Peru takes about four hours each way. At the airport, board your Cessna airplane and settle into your window seat (every passenger has one!). Then take off and fly over the World Heritage-listed geoglyphs, the most famous in the world. The high, arid plateau of the Nazca Desert reaches across more than 80 km; its isolation and dry climate has helped to preserve the lines over time. The exact origins and significance of these hundreds of figures are unclear, but it’s believed that the designs were created by the Nazca people between 400 and 650 AD. Fly over several of the individual designs, many of which are animals; your pilot will let you know which designs you're about to see. The monkey, for instance, is 90 meters long and has five fingers on one hand but only four on the other, believed to represent the nine months of drought the Nazca people went through each year. The spider is said to represent fertility and water, as this arachnid usually appeared before it was going to rain. The flamingo, condor and hummingbird represent the winter and summer solstices; their beaks point to the location of the sunrises and sunsets on the solstice days in Nazca. During the 1.5-hour flight, you'll have plenty of time to view the one-of-a-kind artwork with great photo ops from the air! When your flight ends back at the airport, you'll have free time to get lunch on your own in Paracas (own expense) before being driven back to your original Lima pickup point.
Duration: 4 hours.
- Please note: We strongly advise that you do not book any flights out of Lima on the same date as your tour.
- The plane holds up to 12 passengers or 800 kg. This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers.
- Overflight is not recomendable for children less than 8 years old.
CANCELLATION POLICY: all sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.