Road to Hana with Waterfall Swim, Black Sand Beach & Real Lunch
10-12 hours (Approx.)
Major Maui Hotel's pickup is included as well as a refreshment during the tour. We serve a fresh-baked pastry in the morning, juice and water is available during the whole tours as well as snacks. You wouldn't be hungry or thirsty! Fresh local fruit and warm Plate Lunch will wait for you in a local eatery in Hana.
We stop for swimming at one of the Hana waterfalls as well as on the famous Black sand beach. Swimming is optional and weather permitted.
Scenes out of a tropical daydream await you on the Road to Hana, miles of hairpin curves and one-lane bridges that traverses a spectacular landscape alongside countless waterfalls, bamboo forests, and black sand beaches.
Receive undivided attention and space for a breathtaking experience. Enjoy the journey with our friendly, knowledgeable guides, driving road to Hana for decades. Receive the depth of our cultural and historical knowledge with your guides' personal touch.
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Professional photographer/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in selected
NOT INCLUDED: Gratuities
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Departure Point: Kahului • Lahaina • Kapalua • Kaanapali • Maalaea • Kihei • Wailea • Makena
- Departure Time: 6:00 AM
- Returns to original departure point
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Duration 10-12 hours. Relax and let us pamper you as a VIP guest to show you the beauty on a road trip to magical Hana. On this exclusive full-day adventure designed for just 14 guests, you'll enjoy the best banana bread you can get in Maui, refresh with a waterfall swim, stroll unique sand beaches and swim at the most famous black sand beach at the Wainapanapa State Park. During our expedition aboard a luxurious air-conditioned van, your driver will select a perfect lunch spot with a local Speciality. We serve a full lunch plate with Hawaiian juices and locally grown fruit. If time allows, we will stop at fruit stands with fresh fruits and vegetables for you to buy.
- Stop At: Ho'okipa Beach Park. Duration: 25 minutes.
A perfect spot for a light breakfast when spotting local surfers and wild turtles and taking pictures of the famous Northshore coastline. Lavatories are available.
- Stop At: Kaumahina State Wayside Park. Duration: 15 minutes.
Beautiful views of the Keanae Peninsula, lavatories are available.
- Pass By: Upper Waikani Falls
Upper Waikani Falls is often referred to as Three Bears, thanks to the three separate but parallel falls of differing lengths — with the third and smallest being the "baby bear" falls on the right.
- Stop At: Pua'a Ka'a State Park. Duration: 35 minutes.
Pua'a Ka'a Falls (rolling pig) resides in the Pua’a Ka’a State Wayside Park, which made it one of the rare waterfalls on the Hana Highway. Swim at your own discretion and risk in the freshwater pools. Lavatories are available.
- Stop At: Honokalani Beach. Duration: 1 hour.
A famous for it's the black sand beach at Wainapanapa state park and freshwater caves. Swim at your own discretion. Lavatories are available.
- Stop At: Hana Bay. Duration: 45 minutes.
Enjoy famous authentic Hawaiian Speciality Huli Huli Chicken local plate at a local restaurant served with locally grown fruit as a dessert.
- Pass By: K?pahulu Campground.
We'll drive over Oheo bridge and you will be able to see the 7 sacred pools, in the famous Kipahulu area.
- Pass By: Charles Lindbergh's Grave.
Driving by Charles Lindbergh grave in Kipahulu.
- Pass By: Wailua Falls.
Wailua Falls, easily accessible waterfall visible from The Hana Highway. You don't even need to get out of your car to see it.
- Pass By: Kaupo General Store.
Once you've seen all there is to see on the Road to Hana, we'll start to drive along the backside of Hana. You'll be amazed at what a different world that is.
- Stop At: Ke‘anae Point. Duration: 45 minutes.
In this uniquely Hawaiian place, you can purchase famous banana bread and enjoy peaceful Taro fields some other amazing sites. Explore the rugged lava coastline and watch the spectacular crashing waves. Visit the historic "Lanakila Ihiihi O Iehova O na Kaua" Church built in 1856. Lavatories are available.
- Stop At: Manawainui Gulch. Duration: 10 minutes.
As the road soldiers on you’ll catch sight of Hawaiian ruins, jagged lava rocks, and mile after mile of wild, uninhabited country. This is considered the backside of Haleakala and we'll stretch our legs over here and take pictures of a beautiful coastline.
- Stop At: Harold Rice Park. Duration: 10 minutes.
Enjoy a breathtaking bi-coastal view with temperature always about twenty degrees lower than at our previous stop at Manawainui Gulch. Lavatories are available.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Not recommended for young children
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund