Grand Canyon White Water Rafting Trip
15 hours (Approx.)
Add a thrilling outdoor adventure to any Las Vegas vacation with this guided, full-day whitewater rafting trip down the Colorado River. Enjoy a 2.5-hour road trip south to Peach Springs, Arizona, home of the Hualapai Indians at the gateway to the Grand Canyon. Then, challenge the mighty Colorado River’s varied rapids on a 40-mile journey through the canyon, taking a side hike to a travertine waterfall along the way. A boxed lunch and a hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
- Travel in air-conditioned comfort to the Grand Canyon in new 12-passenger vans
- Las Vegas river rafting takes you through 40 miles of the mighty Colorado River
- Enjoy a helicopter flight back to the rim of the Grand Canyon (if option selected)
- See the incredible natural waterfalls hidden throughout the canyon
- Maximum of 8 passengers per raft
- Las Vegas white water rafting is a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned van
- White Water Rafting tour
- 6-minute helicopter transfer (if option selected)
- Local guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Departure Point: Tour departs from most Las Vegas hotels
- Departure Time: 4:00AM
- Returns to original departure point
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Begin this exciting outdoor day trip with a hotel pickup in Las Vegas, followed by a 2.5-hour journey southeast from Sin City to Peach Springs, Arizona. Travel over the breathtaking Hoover Dam Bypass to Kingman, Arizona, then continue east on famous Route 66 to the Hualapai Indian community of Peach Springs.
Upon arrival, van transportation will be provided to the Colorado River.
At the banks of the Colorado River, meet the Native American guide, who will provide a brief safety orientation and equipment overview (life vests and rain gear provided) before boarding a pontoon raft. From there, the voyage continues along 40 miles of the Colorado River with a total of six sets of rated rapids before the water evens out. Stops are made throughout the trip to discover hidden canyons and waterfalls, including a side hike to a travertine waterfall.
Enjoy a complimentary boxed lunch in the solitude of the canyon and be sure to bring a waterproof camera for incredible photo opportunities. From here, it’s smooth floating past fluted rock formations and historic Separation Canyon. If option is selected, your rafting tour will end on board a helicopter for a quick 4,000-foot ascent to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. Then travel back to Peach Springs for the return trip to Las Vegas and a hotel drop-off.
- Pass By: Colorado River. Admission Ticket Included.
- Pass By: Grand Canyon West. Admission Ticket Free.
Pass By: Lets GO Grand Canyon Tours. Admission Ticket Free.
- Minimum age is 8 years
- The helicopter ascent is weather permitting and if this is canceled, alternate transportation will be provided.
- Rescheduling within 30 days of date of travel will result in a USD$25 fee per person.
- All travelers MUST bring a government issued ID on the day of the tour
- If helicopter option is selected:Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 300lbs (136kg/21st) will be required to purchase an additional seat for USD90. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- If you cancel at least 31 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 30 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.