Volcano Adventure - Most Recent Volcano Active Zone
10 hours (Approx.)
Discover Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and other attractions on the Big Island on a full-day tour from Waikoloa, Hapuna, Kailua-Kona, or Keauhou. Your guide shares highlights including Rainbow Falls, Saddle Road, and Punaluu Black Sand Beach. You'll get great views of the two active volcanoes: K?lauea and Mauna Loa, and experience the natural beauty of Akatsuka Orchid Gardens. It'll be a stress-free trip as it includes a guide, transportation, and hotel pickup and drop-off from select hotels.
- Full-day Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Big Island highlights tour
- View the K?lauea and Mauna Loa volcanoes, two of the world's most active
- Try macadamia nuts and other products at Mauna Loa Macademia Nut Factory
- Includes transportation, guide, and hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
NOT INCLUDED: Food and drinks, unless specified
DEPARTURE & RETURN:
- Traveler pickup is offered
- Departure Time: 08:00 AM
- Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Stop At: Rainbow Falls. Duration: 30 minutes.
It is 24 m tall and almost 30 m in diameter. The falls are part of the Hawai'i State Parks. At Rainbow (Waianuenue) Falls, the Wailuku River rushes into a large pool below. The gorge is blanketed by lush, dense nonnative tropical rainforest and the turquoise colored pool is bordered by beautiful, although nonnative, wild ginger. Monstera is also in abundance.
- Pass By: Saddle Road.
The road was once considered one of the most dangerous paved roads in the state, with many one-lane bridges and areas of marginally maintained pavement. Most of the road has now been repaved, and major parts have new re-alignments to modern standards. Recently rebuilt, the road is one of the safest roads on big island with spectacular view of the Maunakea and Mauna Loa on each side of the roada.
- Stop At: Big Island Candies. Duration: 30 minutes.
Enjoy free chocolate covered macadamia nut and locally grown coffee here.
- Stop At: Richardson Beach Park. Duration: 30 minutes.
One of a kind blacksand beach in Hilo. Sometime we can see the turtles resting on the black lava rocks.
- Stop At: King Kamehameha Statue. Duration: 20 minutes.
One of the original statue of Kamehameha the Great.
- Stop At: Volcano. Duration: 1 hour.
Visit the most recent volcano eruption in Hawaii. Experience the heat from the most active volcano in the world.
Additional Info: This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund