2-Day Yosemite National Park Tour from San Francisco
2 days (Approx.)
Immerse yourself in the majestic beauty of Yosemite National Park on this 2-day overnight adventure from San Francisco. Explore highlights of both Yosemite Valley and the Sierra Nevada high country, where you can hike among giant sequoias, ascend the summit of Sentinel Dome, photograph the spectacular views from Glacier Point and swim or bike around the base of Yosemite Falls. Enjoy a mix of guided activities and free time to explore the famous park on your own, and stay overnight either in the heart of Yosemite Valley or at a nearby lodge on the banks of the Merced River.
- This tour is a sightseeing/experiential tour of Yosemite National Park where you will view not just the Valley Floor, but the outlying areas of the park that many tourists miss (by not having transportation or time). On this tour, you will see all the highlights of the park and build memories to last a lifetime!
- Leave your larger luggage at your hotel in San Francisco and travel lightly with no hassles
- 2 days in Yosemite National Park
- Overnight hotel accommodation in the heart of Yosemite Valley at your choice of accommodations (Yosemite Valley Lodge, Majestic Hotel, Half Dome Village) or Cedar Lodge which is situated in the picturesque Merced River canyon.
- Eco-friendly, comfortable transport in a biofueled mini-coach (14 passengers maximum)
- Complimentary pickup/dropoff from your San Francisco hotel
- SF hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Narrated guided tour
- Transportation to/from Yosemite in eco-friendly biofuel mini-coach
- Your choice of overnight hotel accommodation in Yosemite Valley (at Yosemite Valley Lodge, Majestic Hotel, or Half Dome Village Tent Cabin), or at Cedar Lodge in the picturesque Merced River canyon
- Meals; stops will be made to purchase food at appropriate times during the day.
Departure & Return:
Traveler pickup is offered
Passengers will be picked up from central San Francisco hotels between approximately 6:15am and 7am, depending on the hotel location. If you are staying outside the city center, or in a private residence or vacation rental, we will find the next closest pickup point for you. Tours return to San Francisco hotels at approximately 8pm - 9pm
Departure Time: 6.15am - 7.00am
Returns to San Francisco hotels at approximately 8pm - 9pm
What To Expect:
Maximize your time in California’s favorite national park, and go deeper than a day trip allows on this 2-day wilderness adventure from San Francisco. Travel in a bio-diesel mini-coach and let your guide do all the driving so you can focus on the world-class scenery and famously photogenic views of park attractions like Yosemite Falls and the granite cliffs of El Capitan and Half Dome.
Split your time between the famous features of Yosemite Valley and the high country, and enjoy a mix of guided activities and leisure time to explore the park on your own. Enjoy a narrated drive through the valley when you first arrive, and hike, swim or bike around the base of Yosemite Falls. Stroll among ancient sequoia groves, and trek to the summit of Sentinel Dome of or Taft Point if you like. See Itinerary below for a complete description of each day.
Choose from two different accommodation options to suit your style and budget. Spend the night in the heart of Yosemite Valley at your choice of accommodations (Yosemite Valley Lodge, Majestic Hotel, Half Dome Village). At Cedar Lodge, located just outside the park on the Merced River, enjoy an on-site pub, a private river beach and access to indoor/outdoor pools and a hot tub.
- Tours are arranged on a demand basis and require a minimum of 5 passengers to guarantee departure
- Guided tours are provided on both days of the tour
- Due to hotel accommodations reserved in advance, any amendments to dates will incur penalties in accordance to the cancellation policy as detailed in the Terms and Conditions
- Rooms in Yosemite Valley often sell out months in advance. If your choice of accommodation does happen to sell out, you will be offered similar accommodation at the Cedar Lodge
- Important: Any dietary requirements should be entered in the Special Requirements field when booking this tour
- One small overnight bag allowed per person
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers