2-Day Yosemite National Park Winter Tour from San Francisco
2 days (Approx.)
Discover the wild beauty of Yosemite National Park during wintertime, when crowds are fewer and the majestic natural attractions are blanketed in snow and ice. On this 2-day trip from San Francisco, take a guided coach tour of Yosemite Valley and enjoy free time to explore the wintry wonderland. Hike or snowshoe through giant sequoia groves, ice skate near the base of Half Dome and admire the snow-capped Sierra Nevada scenery. Warm up by a fire in Curry Village, and tuck into the cozy Yosemite Lodge by the Falls on one of the Yosemite Half Dome Village Heated Tent Cabins for the night.
- Two full days in the park (one is really not enough!)
- Overnight hotel accommodation in Yosemite Valley Lodge at the base of Yosemite Falls or Yosemite Half Dome Village Heated Tent Cabins
- Eco-friendly transport in a biofueled mini-coach
- Yosemite Valley narrated, guided tour
- See Half Dome, El Capitan, and Yosemite and Bridalveil Falls
- Check out the view from Tunnel View’s spectacular overlook
- More freedom to do what YOU want to do
- 1.5-hour narrated coach tour
- Overnight accommodations (Yosemite Valley Lodge or Yosemite Half Dome Village Heated Tent Cabin)
- Transportation to/from Yosemite in eco-friendly biofuel mini-coach
- Taxes, fuel surcharges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Yosemite park entrance fee
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return:
Traveler pickup is offered
Passengers will be picked up from the specified hotel between approximately 6:20am and 7:45am, depending on the hotel location
Departure Time: 6.20am - 7.45am
What To Expect:
Without the crush of summer crowds, wintertime in Yosemite National Park offers a chance to experience the famed scenic attractions in peace and solitude. On this 2-day tour from San Francisco, leave the driving to your guide you can sit back and enjoy the snow-capped Sierra Nevada scenery.
Learn about the history of the park during a guided coach tour of Yosemite Valley, which is framed by the park’s most iconic attractions including the granite cliffs of Half Dome and El Capitan and the icy cascade of Yosemite Falls.
Enjoy plenty of leisure time to explore the winter wonderland however you choose. Snowshoe through giant sequoia groves or secluded trails, take a guided hike or enjoy some old-fashioned ice skating at a rink with a view of Half Dome (own expense). Stay overnight inside the park at the cozy Yosemite Lodge at the Falls or chose a Yosemite Half Dome Village Heated Tent Cabin.
See Itinerary below for complete tour details.
Likely to Sell Out: Be sure to book early, as the popular Yosemite Lodge often sells out months in advance!
- Tours are arranged on a demand basis and require a minimum of 5 passengers to guarantee departure
- Guided tours are provided on both days of the tour
- Due to hotel accommodations reserved in advance, any amendments to dates will incur penalties in accordance to the cancellation policy as detailed in the Terms and Conditions
- Amenities Include: Housekeeping daily, fresh towels as needed, extra blankets available at front desk
- Important: Any dietary requirements should be entered in the Special Requirements field when booking this tour
- One small overnight bag allowed per person
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers